Recipe: Tofu, Rice Noodle, Vegetable, Hoisin Wraps and Chili Garlic Sauce
1 cup pearl brown rice
1 yellow pepper1 red pepper
1 white onion
2 cups chopped parsley
1 package organic extra firm tofu (12 oz/ 340 grams)
1 package Spring Rolls Skin (Banh Trang)
1 package of Mung bean sprouts (12 oz/340 grams)
1 package Maifun Rice Sticks (75 oz/191 grams)
1/4 cup black bean sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Seasonings: Onion, garlic and ginger powders, sea salt,
parsley flakes Hoisin Sauce, black bean sauce, Chili Garlic Sauce,
1) Cook brown rice 2 1/4 cups water to 1 cup pearl brown
rice bring to boil with sprinkle of sea salt and cook 45-50 minutes.
2) Finely chop onions, parsley, shred/grate carrots, and thinly
slice yellow and red peppers then put all ingredients separate into
bowls so you can place into wrap easily.
3) Take 6 inch deep pan and put in olive oil then crumble up tofu
and simper adding in to taste all the powders, parsley, 1-3 tablespoons black bean sauce and 1-2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce. Simmer and stir. Then add in chopped white onions and stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes. When brown rice is done mix in with tofu mix stir and simmer 5 minutes then turn off or on low.
4) Take rice noodles and cut with scissors in 3-4 inch strips and simmer in lightly boiling water until not-stiff and not starchy. 5 minutes. Remove and rinse with water and strain. Squeeze two lemons (juice) onto noodles, add some parsley and stir and let sit.
5) Heat up large flat sauce pan with water to just before boiling 1-2 inches of water. Take rice wrap and dip flipping sides 10-20 seconds until loose and can wrap. Put “flat” on cutting board, Add strings of Hoisin sauce, tofu/brown rice mix, bean sprouts, rice noodles, carrots, parsley, red and yellow bell peppers, and if desired half teaspoon garlic chili sauce.
6) Wrap over the middle, then wrap the ends, then roll and ready to serve.
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter – “Kirk’s PowerAging Tips”
Be and Stay Well!
You can call Kirk for brief health and medical questions at Health Associates Medical Group where he works at (916)489-4400 Monday thru Friday 8-9:00 a.m. PST.
Prescription 2000 Inc.- A health education company committed to the prevention and reversal of chronic diseases by lifestyle.
Kirk Hamilton’s Websites: KirksPowerAging.com Prescription2014.com
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter – Kirk’s PowerAging Tips
Purchase Kirk’s book “Staying Healthy in the Fast Lane”
(U.S.), (Foreign), (Mexico – Canada)
Kirks 21 Day PowerAging Program for Business Travelers (E-Book and Course)
Kirk Hamilton Author Facebook
Staying Healthy Tools (Products and Services)
Prescription 2000 Animal-Free Dietary Supplements – 4 basic dietary supplements (Multivitamin/Mineral, Bone Support and Glucosamine Powder and Capsules) that are manufactured with no animal products in the processing or in the starting materials.
Kirk Hamilton’s CV: