Prevent Crohn’s Disease with Diet video by Michael Greger, MD of
Crohn’s disease is a chronic, or long lasting, disease that causes inflammation—irritation or swelling—in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Most commonly, Crohn’s affects the small intestine and the beginning of the large intestine. However, the disease can affect any part of the GI tract, from the mouth to the anus.
1. Eat a low allergy, high fiber, mainly plant based diet (pick unprocessed whole plant foods off the Basic Elimination Diet) x 1 month. Fiber helps create beneficial bacteria and maintain the health of the intestinal barrier, while the low allergy diet helps reduce inflammation of the gut wall.
2. Culturelle 1-2 per day (probiotic)
3. Vitamin D 2000-5000 IU/d
4. Get stool exam that looks for bacterial overgrowth, yeast, parasites
5. Take history looking for frequent antibiotics use in years past, dairy wheat/
baked goods and sugar cravings.
6. Avoid alcohol and coffee
7. Possibly food allergy assessment not as a cause but aggravant of Crohns Disease (IgE/IgG combination food panel)
8. See a physician who will do food elimination; look for pathogens
the gut (stool exams looking for yeast, bacterial overgrowth, parasites,
Prescription 2000 Inc.- A health education company committed to the prevention and reversal of chronic diseases by lifestyle.
Kirk Hamilton’s Websites: KirksPowerAging.com Prescription2014.com
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter – Kirk’s PowerAging Tips
Purchase Kirk’s book “Staying Healthy in the Fast Lane”
(U.S.), (Foreign), (Mexico – Canada)
Kirks 21 Day PowerAging Program for Business Travelers (E-Book and Course)
Kirk Hamilton Author Facebook
Staying Healthy Tools (Products and Services)
Prescription 2000 Animal-Free Dietary Supplements – 4 basic dietary supplements (Multivitamin/Mineral, Bone Support and Glucosamine Powder and Capsules) that are manufactured with no animal products in the processing or in the starting materials.
Kirk Hamilton’s CV: