Watch this excellent video by Michael Greger, MD, “Back in Circulation: Sciatica and Cholesterol” and subscribe to Nutritionfacts.org
Back pain can be a vascular (blood vessel) disease. Clogging of the arteries near the spine do to atherosclerosis caused by high fat, high cholesterol, low nutrient dense diets.
Reduce blood flow to:
1) the nerves – nerve damage;
2) muscles and ligaments;
3) and reduce nutrients in and waste removal from vertebral disks which are avascular (don’t have a blood supply in them) resulting in more degeneration.
Steps To Reduce Back Pain
• Watch this video by Dr. Greger
• Low allergy, nutrient dense, plant-based diet – do just the plant-food from my BED Diet
or get a vegan cook book and eat the wheat free (Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook)
• Avoid caffeine for 1-2 weeks (coffee, teas, caffeine sodas or energy drinks.
• Cal-Magnesium 1:1 500:500 mg of each
• Vitamin D 2000-5000 IU
• B complex with B1 100 mg/B12 1000 mcg/d
• B1 100 mg/B12 1000 mcg IM daily for 5-7 days
• Move the big muscles of your back – aerobic exercise without causing pain [DON’T DO ANY EXERCISE THAT HURTS YOU! YOU GO UP TO PAIN AND AROUND PAIN]
• Daily flexion and extension exercises with hamstring stretches. TONY HORTON’S 10 MINUTE TRAINER – YOGA ROUTINE [DON’T DO ANY EXERCISE THAT HURTS YOU! YOU GO UP TO PAIN AND AROUND PAIN]
• Get up from sitting every ½ hour and to 10-20 pumps with what I call “wall yoga” and “Wall Sit”
• Walk on a home or office treadmill, ride an exercycle, rebounder, stair stepper or climber for 5 minutes every ½-1 hr – increase blood flow to your whole body and back
Call Kirk for BRIEF medical or health questions at (916) 489-4400 8-9 A.M. PST Monday through Friday at Health Associates Medical Group where he sees patients daily.
Prescription 2000 Inc.- A health education company committed to the prevention and reversal of chronic diseases by lifestyle.
Kirk Hamilton’s Websites: KirksPowerAging.com Prescription2014.com
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter – Kirk’s PowerAging Tips
Purchase Kirk’s book “Staying Healthy in the Fast Lane”
(U.S.), (Foreign), (Mexico – Canada)
Kirks 21 Day PowerAging Program for Business Travelers (E-Book and Course)
Kirk Hamilton Author Facebook
Staying Healthy Tools (Products and Services)
Prescription 2000 Animal-Free Dietary Supplements – 4 basic dietary supplements (Multivitamin/Mineral, Bone Support and Glucosamine Powder and Capsules) that are manufactured with no animal products in the processing or in the starting materials.
Kirk Hamilton’s CV: