Migraine headaches occur in more than 16% of the United States population. The highest frequency is in women 18-44 years of age (26.1%). In the least effected population, men 75 years of age or older, the 3-month prevalence is 4.6%.
Magnesium sulphate used intravenously at 1 to 2 grams over 15-30 minutes has been used to treat acute migraines.
Migraine Headache Approach for 1 Month
– Avoid know food and environmental triggers
– Eat off Basic Elimination Diet (BED Diet)
– Scratch foods off this list (BED Diet) that you know are triggers or you eat 4-7 times per week. Eat whole, unprocessed foods from the modified BED Diet Food List.
– The BED Diet avoids Caffeine,Sugar and Alcohol as well as eating off the food list.
(APPLYING THIS BED DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT
TREATMENT FOR MOST PEOPLE – INDIVIDUAL SUPPLEMENTS
ARE SECONDARY AND NOT AS AFFECTIVE AS THE BED DIET)
– Magnesium 400-600 mg of elemental magnesium daily
– CoQ10 200 mg/d (ubiquinol) with food
– Riboflavin 400 mg/d or (2 – B complex 100s daily)
– Butter bur 50 mg 2 x daily
– 5 HTP 200-600 mg before bed
– Vitamin D 3000-5000 IU/d
– Probiotics – Culturelle 2/d
– If a menstrual migraine, some estrogen may be added to last 2 weeks of cycle – luteal phase
– Intravenous magnesium sulphate 1-2 grams over 15-30 minutes by your physician.
– Stool analysis for abnormal bacteria, parasites, yeast, digestive function is sometimes warranted along with some type of food intolerance testing.
Be and Stay Well,
You can call Kirk for brief health and medical questions at Health Associates Medical Group where he works at (916)489-4400 Monday thru Friday 8-9:00 a.m. PST.
Prescription 2000 Inc.- A health education company committed to the prevention and reversal of chronic diseases by lifestyle.
Kirk Hamilton’s Websites: KirksPowerAging.com Prescription2014.com
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter – Kirk’s PowerAging Tips
Purchase Kirk’s book “Staying Healthy in the Fast Lane”
(U.S.), (Foreign), (Mexico – Canada)
Kirks 21 Day PowerAging Program for Business Travelers (E-Book and Course)
Kirk Hamilton Author Facebook
Staying Healthy Tools (Products and Services)
Prescription 2000 Animal-Free Dietary Supplements – 3 basic dietary supplements (Multivitamin/Mineral, Glucosamine Powder and Capsules) that are manufactured with no animal products in the processing or in the starting materials.
Kirk Hamilton’s CV: